Learn more about digital marketing in the age of the internet with this comprehensive FAQ.
The post What Veterinary Practices Can Learn From the Best Customer Service Companies in the World appeared first on PetDesk.
This content is password protected. To view it please enter your password below:
The post Protected: 10 Student Teams Invited to Pitch at Schools National Demo Day appeared first on SEED SPOT.
By: Bianca Buliga, Digital Marketing Manager
And just like that, we’re one step closer to our culminating National Demo Day on Tuesday, May 14th at Tempe Center for the Arts (RSVP here)! This past Wednesday, student teams from across the United States pitched their innovative business ventures to a panel of judges from organizations like APS, Coplex, the StartupAZ Foundation, and the Arizona State Board for Charter Schools. Hosted at Galvanize in the Warehouse District, Wednesday’s event celebrated the 32 teams that were invited to pitch at Semi-Finals out of nearly 50 total applicants.
The SEED SPOT Schools team and judging panel was blown away by each team’s professionalism, preparation, and commitment to solving pressing social issues. But unfortunately, not all 32 teams will be moving on to pitch at Demo Day. The final scores are in – these are the 12 teams who are being invited to showcase their business ventures on May 14th:
- Fastlane Campaign: For young adults between 18 – 45 who do not vote or participate in their local government, Fastlane Campaign is the application that informs users how to vote and provides updates on upcoming meetings in their area.
- Fire Liner: For property owners who have their property at risk of burning, Fire Liner is the fire suppression system that builds a foam deposit around your property. In doing so, it saves your land or house from nearby wildfires.
- Forward Thinking Plastics: Forward Thinking Plastics helps solve the issue of an over abundance of plastic that is ruining the environment by providing people with products that they need made entirely out of recycled plastic. This will reduce the amount of plastic in landfills and reduce the overall new plastic each year.
- JEMM: For the concerned parent, the vigilant dean, or the school systems who are looking to monitor off-limit areas, JEMM is the product that will ensure that no room goes unsurveyed. This will create an environment where JEMM promotes a mindset of deterrence rather than fear.
- Oil Ease: For restaurants and families who cook their own food and are looking for an environmentally friendly way to dispose of their leftover cooking grease, Oil-Ease is the solution that provides a way to dispose of grease that does not harm the environment.
- Own Your Ozone: For homeowners who care about their health, O.Y.O is the convenient solution that detects harmful indoor air pollutants and keeps families safe.
- Protect Them: For young women ages 12-25 who have been victimized by sex trafficking, ProtectThem is the RFID tracking device that will provide those victims with tools to escape with help from law enforcement.
- Safety Next: For teachers, faculty, and administration who have difficulty locating students in the event of a school emergency, Safety Next is the stress reducer that uses Raspberry Pi’s to gather knowledge of students’ locations.
- Secure Facility Robotics (SFR): For public school students and administration who are at the mercy of an active threat situation due to a lack of information, Secure Facility Robotics, S.F.R., is the active surveillance that schools need in order to respond to an active threat situation in the most effective way possible.
- Social Bud: For kids and adults who struggle with social skills, SocialBud is the website/app that helps improve social skills. In doing so, it prepares more people to live better lives.
- Swap Party: For teens, young adults, or other clothing enthusiasts who buy from the Fast Fashion industry, Swap Party is the business that relies on a take-in, take-out system for used apparel ensuring affordable, sustainable, and ethical consumption among customers, and in the process brings awareness to the negative effects of Fast Fashion.
- Youth Mobile: For unaccompanied youth living in the Pima County Area who don’t have quicker access to resources, Youth Mobile is the pathway that provides a cell phone services at a low cost.
A huge SEED SPOT thank you to our judges for taking the time to score pitches, our teachers for encouraging and nurturing each team’s entrepreneurial ambitions, and to Galvanize Phoenix for being incredible hosts for our Semi-Finals event! We couldn’t have pulled off this process without our tribe of SEED SPOT supporters. Now, let’s get ready to award the Finalists with some in-kind and cash prizes at our May 14th Demo Day at Tempe Center for the Arts (it’s not too late to snag your ticket here). See you soon!
Related articles from SEED SPOT:
The post 12 Student Teams Invited to Pitch at Schools National Demo Day appeared first on SEED SPOT.
When a smart, strategic approach is taken, marketing development funds (MDFs) can be an excellent resource to help accelerate your sales and grow your channel business. MDFs are funds made available by a brand to help partners sell more, and when they’re managed effectively, they can be useful for generating leads and driving sales.
While there are many benefits to using MDFs, they’re often overlooked and underused. One of the main issues that cause marketers to shy away from utilizing MDFs is that they can be hard to budget for—and especially to do so accurately.
We’ll share a few tips to help you learn how to budget for MDFs more accurately and get the most out of your marketing funds.
Before you get started, there are a few important questions you should ask yourself. First, you should consider whether or not you’ve developed a clear strategy for using your MDFs. Do you know what types of programs you’re looking to fund? If you haven’t devised a well-defined plan for how your funds will be allocated, you should do that during this stage of the process.
As you begin building out a budget for your MDFs, you should also make it a point to get feedback and buy-in from your partners. When it comes to budgeting for MDFs, this step is absolutely critical, as you want to ensure you and your partners are on the same page regarding marketing goals and priorities.
Creating a Budget
Once you’ve developed a clear strategy and incited feedback from your partners, you can begin creating your budget. You should try to allocate marketing funds toward things that will help you meet your company’s long-term goals. Digital advertising campaigns, content marketing development, sponsored events, and additional partner training opportunities are all great examples of how you can use MDFs to accelerate your channel sales and drive business growth.
It’s important that you utilize your partner relationship management (PRM) tool to track the results of the different marketing initiatives that you include in your MDF budget. Tracking the results will help give you the opportunity to learn and optimize as you go—meaning if something isn’t working, you’ll know and be able to address it quickly in order to make better use of your funds. You can also utilize the results to help make a case for how you’ll use MDFs should you receive any pushback on fund allocation.
Managing Your Budget
While managing your budget, you may find yourself wondering what will happen if you end up with a surplus or a shortage of funds. A Channel Marketer report estimated that in the IT industry, $25 billion in unused MDFs is wasted each year. Yikes!
If you find yourself with too much or too little left in your budget, reach out to your partner to determine the best way to allocate the funds, which can be easily assigned through your PRM.
Lastly, you should start planning for your next round of budgeting. Review and analyze the results of your MDF efforts, identify the most successful programs, make any necessary changes to optimize based on your learnings, and repeat what worked.
When an accurate budget and smart strategy are in place, MDFs are an excellent resource for growing your channel program and boosting your partner sales. Remember to focus your efforts on campaigns that will help achieve your long-term goals, track your progress and optimize accordingly, and keep partner feedback top of mind while you’re building out your MDF budget.
Are you curious about how you can use a PRM tool to track how you use MDFs? Contact us for a free demo and to learn more about how Allbound makes it easy to manage and track all of your MDFs in one place.
The post How to Budget Accurately for Marketing Development Funds appeared first on Partner Relationship Management Software (PRM).
The post How to Get More 5-Star Reviews of Your Veterinary Practice on Sites Like Yelp and Google appeared first on PetDesk.
This content is password protected. To view it please enter your password below:
The post Protected: 32 Student Teams Selected to Pitch at SEED SPOT Schools Semi-Finals appeared first on SEED SPOT.