Think configuring, managing, and mastering all things server-related is important? Us, too. That’s why we’re looking for a rockstar System Administrator to join our Operations team. The ideal candidate for this position lives for database analysis and systems reporting. He or she hearts hardware and can manage servers like a boss. At WebPT, we hire the most talented people for our teams, and then give them the freedom to do their jobs. Here, we work hard—but we have lots of fun doing it. So, if you like a cool, collaborative, and challenging work environment, you’ll fit right in.
- Master, monitor, and report on operating systems, applications, and database performance.
- Identify project challenges and remove blockers.
- Be part of a rotating on-call shift during which you’re available 24/7 in case of emergency.
- Be willing to work some weekends as needed—about once every six weeks.
- Travel to our Las Vegas data center every once in a while. (And who knows, maybe after seeing a few shows on the Las Vegas Strip, you’ll find that Cirque du Soleil flexibility isn’t that far out of reach.)
- Throw business casual to the wind. We want casual-casual. Rock flip flops and jeans. We don’t care, so long as you do good work and enjoy yourself.
- Be flexible. This role is ever-evolving—just like WebPT—so while you don’t need to be Cirque du Soleil agile, we may occasionally ask you to do a few cartwheels, or at least try some things outside of your wheelhouse.
Abilities and Knowledge
- Problem-solve like a boss. We’re looking for someone with a head for making decisions and a knack for finding solutions.
- Be organized, ahead of schedule, communicative, and accountable—in short, own your role entirely, while being open to critiques, suggestions, and new ideas.
- Know how to roll up your sleeves. We have a lot of brass tacks here, and we like to get down to ’em.
- Have patience be your middle name, and if you have a second middle name, it should be calm. (Translation: Have a calm and patient demeanor.)
- Talk nerdy to me—er, all of us. Know your stuff and talk about it confidently, accurately, and honestly.
- Rock the mic like a vandal—not just in karaoke, but in all forms of communication (i.e., communicate effectively).
- Jibe with our culture. We’re talkin’ energy, integrity, positivity, a hunger for knowledge, and a passion for sharing it.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- At least three years of experience managing Windows 2012 R2 or later
- Virtualization knowledge (e.g., KVM, Docker, or AWS)
- At least five years of experience in rackmount enterprise hardware (e.g., Sun, IBM, or SuperMicro)
- Experience with CentOS/Red Hat versions 5, 6, or 7; Apache Server; MySQL; Bash; Perl; or PHP scripting
- Knowledge of high-availability architecture such as DRBD or Heartbeat
- Experience with load balancing using F5 BIG-IP LTM or HAProxy
- Proficiency in other host-based Linux security tools such as iptables and AIDE
- Proficiency with Git or Subversion
- Knowledge of Puppet, Chef, or other configuration management tools
- Experience with SaaS development teams
- Experience in Windows SQL Server 2012/2014 Administration
- Experience in healthcare (HIPAA-compliant) or Payment Card Industry Standard (PCI DSS) environments
Additional Aspects of the job
WebPT will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will not be exposed to weather conditions, and the noise level is usually moderate.
WebPT will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally need to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; or taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. This job requires specific vision abilities, including close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.