As WebPT’s Operational Excellence and Salesforce Manager, you’ll lead a team of three Salesforce administrators and developers in supporting the day-to-day operations of our internal SaaS business applications—primarily Salesforce.com (but there will be work with other add-on AppExchange applications as well).
The ideal candidate will excel at resolving technical and functional support issues; training end-users and IT support personnel on new features and functionality; and managing data loads and data integrity. He or she also will be responsible for building and modifying core operational processes and implementing them within WebPT’s SaaS application architecture.
At WebPT, we hire the most talented people for our teams, and then give them the freedom to do their jobs. Here, we work hard—but we have lots of fun doing it. So, if you like a cool, collaborative, and challenging work environment, you’ll fit right in. Throw business casual to the wind. We want casual-casual. Rock flip-flops and jeans. We don’t care as long as you do good work and have a great time.
Administration and Change Management
- Serve as the gate-keeper for our internal business application platforms by ensuring every request has a proper business justification prior to approval.
- Oversee the change management process in its entirety—which includes implementing, training, and ensuring user adoption.
- Advocate to management on behalf of the user community. In other words, be the voice of the users.
- Facilitate review sessions with functional owners and end-user representatives.
- Leverage your business knowledge and expertise to develop and drive processes—and their improvements—that establish consistency across all departments that use Salesforce and other SaaS applications.
- Collaborate with end-users to troubleshoot issues and identify needs, thus ensuring all applications meet existing demands and future ones. We’re growing fast—and we need our applications to keep up with us as we adjust and enhance business operations, policies, and procedures.
- Develop new—and improve existing—custom reports and dashboards.
- Contribute to the system development lifecycle to ensure all functional requirements are met.
- Escalate issues to the Applications Council as needed.
- Perform other related duties as necessary to support WebPT’s strategic initiatives.
- Serve as the single point of contact for inquiries from user groups.
- Reset user passwords and add, delete, or modify accounts as employees onboard, transfer roles, and/or leave the organization.
- Maintain security profiles and access rights for all users.
- Develop and implement ongoing user training and prepare and update its associated documentation materials—including working with user groups to develop department-specific documentation—to drive user adoption across the organization.
- Communicate future Salesforce releases and enhancements.
- Assist with bulk imports of lead, contact, and/or account data
- Maintain, add, or delete auto-sharing, assignment, and subscription rules
- Perform database cleanup
- Configure standard UI options for groups of users
- Create and/or delete custom-defined fields
- Update custom-defined page layouts and record types
- Document best practices
Abilities and Knowledge
- Be a natural-born leader—one who inspires his or her team, embraces every moment as a teaching (or learning) opportunity, and provides constructive coaching and meaningful challenges.
- Wear a whistle—not literally, but figuratively (unless you really like whistles; that’s cool). We’re looking for an exceptional coach—someone who can effectively, positively, and confidently make our Operational Excellence team the very best.
- Have a mind for efficiency. We like doing más with menos around here, so while you don’t have to be the next MacGyver, you’ve got to have a knack for using resources creatively.
- Remain focused and cool under pressure. Things can get pretty hectic at times, so we want to make sure you keep calm and carry on through even the most stressful of circumstances.
- Be comfortable in the trenches; this role requires a hands-on manager—someone who’s a doer and a leader.
- Be a quick-study. You’ll need to quickly learn complex software systems and applications—and then help others learn them, too. In fact, you’ll need to excel in communication and training—we’re talking exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills—for technical and non-technical audiences across all levels of the organization.
- Problem-solve like a boss. We’re looking for someone with a head for making decisions and a knack for finding creative solutions. That means doing some out-of-the-box thinking.
- Juggle many complex projects, all with a sense of urgency, simultaneously. In other words, you’re a project management champ, so you are extremely detail-oriented and able to proactively identify and report risks—and you always deliver on deadline.
- Play nice with others. We’re a tight-knit, highly collaborative team, and we’d like to keep it that way. However, you should still be able to successfully execute independently and create new processes with minimal—if any—supervision.
- Be flexible. This role is ever-evolving—just like WebPT—so while you don’t need to be Cirque du Soleil agile, we may occasionally ask you to do a few cartwheels, or at least try some things outside of your wheelhouse.
- Overachieve like it’s your job—because it is. Commit to excellence in everything you do.
- Jibe with our culture. We’re talkin’ energy, integrity, positivity, a hunger for knowledge, and a passion for sharing it.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Three to five years of professional experience as a Salesforce.com administrator as well as experience mangaging, hiring, and building a team
- Experience analyzing systems and business processes, assessing vendors, and assisting with planning and implementation
- Experience reengineering business processes and delivering the training necessary to ensure effectiveness
- Experience working in large, established companies as well as fast-paced ones that are in the midst of extreme growth (in other words, you’ve dealt with growing pains and they don’t scare you)
- Proficiency with the entire Microsoft Office Suite and process diagramming tools such as MS Visio
- Experience in SaaS software, healthcare IT, and/or other subscription-based businesses
Additional Aspects of the job
WebPT will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will not be exposed to weather conditions, and the noise level is usually moderate.
WebPT will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally need to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; or taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. This job requires specific vision abilities, including close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.