Billing isn’t at the top of any rehab therapist’s list of favorite things to do—which is exactly why they come to us. The WebPT Billing Service takes a lot of billing tasks off our Members’ plates—which gives them more time to do what they love: treat and heal their patients. As the Billing Service Operations Supervisor, you’ll make sure our entire billing department runs like a well-oiled machine—so that all of our Members’ billing process run like well-oiled machines, too. To rock this role, you’ve gotta not only know billing backwards and forwards, but also be a confident, effective team leader. Think you fit the “bill” (see what we did there)? Great! Then you might just be the supervisor we’re looking for.
- Organize and manage our team of all-star billing reps like a hall-of-fame coach.
- Clearly communicate roles and responsibilities, establish individual goals, monitor productivity, conduct formal performance reviews, and provide guidance and feedback as necessary.
- Keep a pulse on department metrics and make adjustments accordingly.
- Continually evaluate billing operations and make suggestions for improvement.
- Lead all billing operations team meetings.
- Know revenue cycle management like the back of your hand, and be our Members’ RCM hero.
- Throw business casual to the wind. We want casual-casual. Rock flip-flops and jeans. We don’t care, so long as you do good work and enjoy yourself.
- Be ready to fly by the seat of your pants. This role is ever-evolving—just like WebPT—so while you don’t need to be Cirque du Soleil flexible, we may occasionally ask you to do a few cartwheels, or at least try some things outside of your wheelhouse.
Abilities and Knowledge
- Know a thing or two about billing software—preferably AdvancedMD—and patient billing and American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) processes.
- Have a knack for decoding legalese—specifically, federal and state electronic medical record regulations—and applying it to your role.
- Showcase your inner tech nerd. We need someone who’s comfortable with cloud-based technology and web tools.
- Be a natural-born educator. Knowledge is power, and we’re all about empowerment.
- Talk nerdy to me—er, all of us. Know your stuff and talk about it confidently, accurately, and honestly.
- Wear a whistle—not literally, but figuratively (unless you really like whistles; that’s cool). We’re looking for a natural coach—someone who can effectively, positively, and confidently lead a large team of 20-plus employees and a customer base with thousands of clinics.
- Juggle many complex projects, all with strict deadlines, simultaneously. Bonus points if you can actually juggle like a real circus performer.
- Rock the mic like a vandal—not just in karaoke, but in all forms of communication (i.e., talk well and write good stuff). We’re talking impeccable communication skills and grammatical knowledge. You’re representing the WebPT brand, and we take our voice seriously.
- Be organized, ahead of schedule, communicative, and accountable. In short, own your role entirely, while being open to critiques, suggestions, and new ideas.
- Live for details and keep a constant eye out for opportunities to improve efficiency.
- Be passionate about customer service. You love helping people, and you constantly strive to deliver great solutions as quickly as possible.
- Know the ropes of the rehab therapy community and the day-to-day operations of a large PT, OT, or SLP clinic.
- Know how to roll up your sleeves. We have a lot of brass tacks here, and we like to get down to ’em.
- Remain cool under pressure. Things can get pretty hectic at times, so we want to make sure you keep calm and carry on through even the most stressful of circumstances.
- Jibe with our culture. We’re talkin’ energy, integrity, positivity, and a passion for helping people. Bring all that and a bag of chips. Seriously, we love chips.
Education and Experience
- At least five years of physical/rehab therapy industry experience
- At least five years of progressive leadership responsibility
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with enterprise RCM software
- Knowledge of compliance regulations that affect the rehab therapy industry
WebPT will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will not be exposed to weather conditions, and the noise level is usually moderate.
WebPT will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally need to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; or taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. This job requires specific vision abilities, including close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.