At Picmonic, we provide students in higher education with a learning system of unforgettable visual mnemonic images and creative stories. Our student feedback and adoption rates are incredible, making us one of Arizona’s hottest venture backed startups –we’re proud winners of the 2014 Spring Arizona Innovation Challenge.
At Picmonic, we move fast, take risks, and pride ourselves on staying flexible, fun, and ferociously committed to executing each day. Come join an innovative and fun team who are changing education for the better!
Who you are
You’re a designer whose work is clean, modern, and inspiring. You’re a team player who will support our UI/UX team with multiple projects while learning to master four disciplines of interaction, UI, visual, and motion design. Your talent and potential must be evidenced in your existing portfolio.
< 20 hours per week
– Assist in the development of conceptual diagrams, wireframes, visual mockups, and prototypes
– Support and maintain detailed user-interface specifications
– Support the design of elegant and delightful product experiences as part of an integrated Engineering, Product, Design, and Research team
– Assist the UI/UX design team in identifying and articulating user needs, building prototypes to test internally and through user testing, and refining solutions in the face of data and other findings
– Define interaction models, user flows, and UI specifications
– Collaborate with lead designer to maintain design consistency and coherence across the product as appropriate.
What’s In It For You – Learning Objectives
– Gain hands-on experience developing delightful product experiences that will expand your design skills and knowledge.
– Receive mentorship from a senior designer who will provide you with challenging and engaging assignments that will help make a big impact.
– Obtain real-world design experience working with professional software engineers and product experts in a rapid-growth startup company environment.
What You Need To Be Successful In This Position
– Possess or/are pursuing a bachelor’s degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or other related fields.
– A portfolio or samples of work demonstrating user-centered design solutions
– Ability to work with many people, and manage strong opinions, while championing design in a productive way.
– Familiarity with tools of the trade, Sketch, Pencil and paper, keynote, etc.
– Knowledge of and ability to run various types of user research and to analyze the results of that research.
– Good grasp of best practices and design principles.