Picmonic provides students in higher education with a learning system of unforgettable visual mnemonic images and creative stories. Student feedback and adoption has been incredible, leading Picmonic to be recognized as one of Arizona’s hottest venture backed startups, winning the 2014 Spring Arizona Innovation Challenge.
At Picmonic, we move fast, take risks, and pride ourselves on staying flexible, fun, and ferociously committed to executing each day. Come join an innovative and fun team who are changing education for the better!
Top Reasons to Work with Us
- – Collaborate with a team of in-house developers to make an awesome application.
- – Flexible vacation policy. We work hard and play hard.
- – In house ping pong table and beer fridges.
- – Stock options and benefits.
- – Unlimited coffee cappuccino and espresso from our awesome Jura the Hut coffee machine.
- Software Developer
What You Need for this Position
- – 4+ years hands-on development experience with the LAMP application stack
- – Extensive experience in PHP/MySQL, database design, PHP Frameworks, RESTful web services and API development
- – Pragmatic and agnostic to a particular technology solution or methodology
- – Excellent time management, communication skills, and team collaboration soft skills
- – Excellent coding standards and disciplined documenting of code
- – Self-organized, detail-oriented and self-motivated
- – Ability to step outside of your comfort zone and learn and apply new technologies and software development methodologies quickly
- – Experience with MVC Frameworks and object oriented programming
- – Experience working with startups in fast-paced environment
- – Experience using Git
- – Experience working with Angular.js building single page applications
- – Devops experience. Vagrant and Puppet are a plus
- – Experience with Infusionsoft or similar email marketing platforms
- – UI / UX /Design Experience
- – Experience with IOS development
- – Experience with Agile software development
What You Will Be Doing
- – Design and develop a secure, scalable, high-performance and robust architecture for our learning platform and internal operations platforms
- – Further develop our web and mobile APIs
- – Provide in-depth troubleshooting for all reporting issues and quickly drive resolutions
- – Translate product requirements into clear, technical specifications; perform regular code reviews for quality assessment and adherence to coding standards
- – Provide advice on technical decisions; own and drive the technology roadmap
- – Create and maintain technical documentation
- – Optimize and improve our existing e-commerce platform, while working closely with the CTO and business leads to build and migrate to a service-oriented platform
- – Quickly learn new skills and technologies required to deliver exceptional software
- – Embrace an innovative, creative, and iterative approach to enhancing web/mobile consumer media experiences
- – Work in a team-oriented, iterative environment to write code and deploy high-quality software
What’s In It for You
- – Competitive compensation
- – Great benefits package
- – Huge growth opportunity