The Concept Wizard (CW) provides creative direction and input throughout the production of Picmonic application content and marketing materials. In collaboration with subject matter experts, artists, graphic designers, and audio engineers, the CW initiates creative development, ensures creative cohesiveness throughout production, maintains the application’s creative text, and writes story transcripts. The ability to incorporate both phonetic and semantic understanding into picture representation held together with interaction and prose is a skill held in high esteem. The CW also works with the Marketing team to brainstorm and create marketing materials congruent with the Picmonic product. A CW’s foundation is creativity.
-Provide collaborative creative direction for Picmonic’s content development
– Own the Picmonic concept generation methodology, tailoring it to the nuances of new subject matter, and iterating and updating it as appropriate
-Initiate creative production by turning a topic’s list of elements into a multitude of attribute character possibilities using the phonetics and literal meanings of each word for characters
– Train and guide subject matter experts in the Picmonic methodology of concept generation
– Train and guide artists to tailor their style to the standards and protocols of the Picmonic methodology resulting in clean and memorable illustrations
– Work with subject matter experts to choose characters and build connections into a cohesive and emotion provoking storyline that simply and seamlessly conveys academically accurate understanding
– Review content to ensure congruency with original vision, accuracy, and Picmonic methodology throughout the development of each card
– Modify storylines and concepts as appropriate throughout development
– Create story transcripts for audio recording, including direction for tone and overall feeling
– Create and maintain a Picmonic language-glyphics database of word breakdown mix ups and possible representations for future development
– Collaborate with the Marketing team to create marketing materials that portray Picmonic’s idealism, goals, and purpose
What you need to be successful in this position:
– Demonstrated ability to push the limits of your imagination and vividly describe creative concepts both verbally and in writing.
– A fearless approach to creative challenges. You inspire others with your wild ideas and are forthcoming with your vision and dreams.
– A positive, enthusiastic attitude. You’re someone who has a passion for and commitment to teamwork and collaboration. -You love helping others succeed.
– The ability to play really nicely with others. We’re a small, tight-knit, highly collaborative team and a team player attitude is required. Overbearing egos need not apply!
– An insatiable desire to learn new things.
– A sense of ownership and responsibility to your tasks. You find answers and fix problems.
– Ability to remain cool under pressure in fast paced startup environment.
– Excellent creative writing skills.