We’re looking for an experienced Java developer to help design, architect and develop innovative new features for the IrisPR platform. The ideal candidate has experience with Java apps and a great attitude.
IrisPR is a Phoenix-based tech start-up with an experienced leadership team and exceptional product. We have a positive brand reputation in the PR industry, and have our sights set on becoming the industry leader.
We are looking for a Java Developer with a deep sense of product ownership and is comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment. Still interested? Great! Here’s what we’re looking for.
- Write clean, well-designed, reusable Spring based REST services with Java.
- Write code that scales and is easily maintainable by other developers.
- Lead effort to optimize for performance and remove bottlenecks.
- Architect systems to anticipate future scale and complexity while still enabling rapid experimentation and delivery of new features and products.
- Create testing processes that ensure code quality as development progresses.
- Help build the team and mentor junior developers.
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
- 5+ years of experience building Java applications based on Spring, JPA, Hibernate, with familiarity in Spring Boot, AWS deployment.
- 3+ years of professional software engineering experience in web technologies, web services and REST.
- Experience working with Oauth is a plus.
- A degree in Computer Science or STEM field, or related work experience working with data structures and algorithms.
- Experience working with SQL databases like MySQL or PostgreSQL.
- Experience working within noSQL databases like MongoDB or Cassandra and mastery in merging disparate data forms is a plus.
- Experience working within a SCRUM or Agile team, where you practiced TDD.
- Experience integrating other API’s or systems together. Familiarity with SOA.
- High degree of competency working in a Unix environment.
- Experience working at a startup with a focus on delivering scalable products.
- Ability to formulate articulate opinions on product design and engineering issues with a focus in finding the most effective solution.
- A deep sense of product ownership.
- Recent management or leadership experience.
To apply, please send resume, LinkedIn profile, and anything else that tells us what we should know about you to email@example.com.