CallRail helps businesses understand which of their marketing campaigns are driving phone calls, how those calls are handled once received, and how those leads convert.
CallRail is stable and profitable, and has been since the beginning. In December 2014, after four years of bootstrapped growth, we raised a small round of $1.9M to provide working capital for growth and to bring on a team of trusted advisors with deep experience in the telecom and online marketing industries. Today we support a paying customer base of over 35,000 businesses across the US and Canada.
Simply put, CallRail is the startup we always wanted to work at, and we intend to keep it that way.
What We Believe
- Life is more than work. Though we work hard, we value balance. Like you, we expect to spend our evenings and weekends with friends and family.
- Results matter. Work isn’t where you are or how long you spent; it’s what you accomplish. If you work best at home, at a coffee shop, or at the beach — we’re on board with that.
- Be entrepreneurial at heart. You should see the big picture and understand the problems we solve. You’ll drive your own projects, so you’ll need to be independent and self-motivated.
- Optimize for happiness. We believe that happy people are the most effective people. We take pride in our products, and believe that a fulfilling career contributes to a happy life.
What You’ll Do
We’re looking for a bookkeeper to perform the day-to-day financial activities of the company.
In this position you will:
- Perform customer billings, including entry/reconciliation into quickbooks and mailing to customers.
- Initiate collections activities with customers on past due invoices.
- Post vendor invoices and prepare payments for vendors.
- Payroll and benefits management (including medical benefits and 401k).
- Assist with monthly accounting close and financial analysis.
- Assist with budget process and investigate budget variances.
- Manage corporate insurance renewals and ongoing maintenance.
- Assist with filing of tax returns and credits.
- Other duties as needed.
- Bachelor degree in finance, accounting, economics or related field. Solid understanding of basic accounting.
- 2+ years of experience in finance or accounting.
- Excellent computer skills, especially Microsoft Excel and QuickBooks.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Eagerness to work hard, learn and grow as a finance professional.
- Experience in fast-paced environment is necessary. Experience in software industry experience is a plus.
- Mature, responsible professional, accustomed to meeting deadlines.
- Competitive Salary
- Health, Vision, & Dental Benefits
- 401k (Roth & Traditional)
- Disability Insurance
- Apple Laptop & Accessories
- Unlimited, Untracked Vacation
- Ergonomic sit-stand workstations
- Fully stocked kitchen and regular team lunches
- Fun, talented coworkers with a wide variety of interests
How to Apply
Interested? We’d love to talk to you. Send an email to email@example.com with “Bookkeeper” in the subject, and be sure to mention how you heard about CallRail. (You can put other things in the subject too, just make sure you include that!) Include anything you’d like in your email, but we’re particularly interested in learning about your education, work experience, and why you think you’d be a good fit for CallRail. If you send a resume, please attach it in PDF format.