Reporting to the CEO, the Vice President of Marketing is a key member of the Picmonic Executive Team. You are responsible for leading the company’s marketing strategy and will drive company growth and profitability through search engine optimization, social media, online advertising, PR, product marketing, email marketing and other strategies to grow our customer base, revenues and profitability.
What You Need for this Position:
- -Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities used in a wide range of responsibilities, from content development to product adoption to sales processes.
- -Ability to develop and execute a winning marketing strategy.
- -Strong leadership and mentoring skills. You have a track record of attracting, recruiting, retaining, and mentoring top-notch marketing talent.
- -Creative intuition that can be gut checked and course-corrected with data.
- -Outstanding written and verbal communications skills.
- -Deep knowledge of marketing technology systems (marketing automation, CRM, Google Analytics, etc.).
- -Highly self-motivated with excellent follow-through and the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines while inspiring a team to do the same.
- -Strong organization skills. We want you to be ahead of schedule, communicative, and accountable—in short, own your role entirely, while being open to critiques, suggestions, edits, and new ideas
- -Play really nice with others. We’re a small, tight-knit, highly collaborative team.
- -Mesh with our company culture, which is all about energy, integrity, positivity, and a passion for marketing. Bring all that and a round of coffee. Seriously, we love coffee.
- -Entrepreneurial mindset. You’re a hustler who knows how to roll up your sleeves in a demanding, rapidly growing startup culture.
Required Experience and Knowledge:
- -Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience, with a minimum 7 years marketing or revenue/user-growth experience and a minimum of 7 years of senior marketing team leadership experience. An MBA is a huge plus, but not required.
- -Prior Startup success in VC-backed consumer internet company with revenue growth in subscription revenue business from $2M to $50M.
- -Expertise in leading customer centric marketing teams focused on the voice of the customer.
- -Experience with data driven management, analytics, and directing tactics based on ROI.
- -Experience with inbound marketing and digital marketing tools (SEO/SEM, PPC, Retargeting, etc.).
- -Experience in branding and corporate positioning and strategic consumer product launches.
- -Knowledge of marketing automation, optimization, and other demand generation software.
- -Knowledge of CRM software, social media tools, and the latest and greatest in marketing technology.
- -Product Management expertise.
- -Refine the Company’s messaging and positioning strategy based on market research, target market needs, and competitive analysis.
segmentation and go-to-market plans, and related product positioning.
- -Develop overall marketing strategy, manage all aspects of the company’s marketing activities, and oversee the marketing and customer service teams (currently 7, expected to double within 18 months).
- -Oversee market research for new product lines and product validation efforts for existing lines as well as work closely with Product Development to articulate specific market demand and product definition.
- -Oversee and execute marketing initiatives and objectives to open up new market opportunities, acquire greater market share, launch new products, drive revenue, and create excellent customer experiences.
- -Maintain and grow marketing pipeline by generating qualified leads through standard marketing activities as well as innovative campaigns and then converting those leads to new Picmonic subscribers.
- -Direct all functional marketing activities in order to support lead generation and sales.
- -Oversee product launches, sales training, presentations, sales tools, competitive analysis and general sales support.
- -Manage all aspects of marketing planning, budgeting, and KPI tracking.
- -Define, develop and manage direct channel and partner strategies and programs.
What’s In It for You:
- -Competitive equity & cash compensation
- -Great benefits package
- -Huge growth opportunity
- -Throw business casual to the wind. We want casual-casual. Rock flip flops and jeans. We don’t care what you wear (within reason), so long as you do good work and enjoy yourself.
- -Collaborative position with an incredible team that is on a path of revolutionizing education
- -Change the world