Are you one part scrappy news reporter, one part data wizard—like Clark Kent, but instead of donning a cape and saving the world, you don a cape and analyze research? Do you love wielding a giant magnifying glass à la Sherlock Holmes—or at least imagine yourself doing so as you dig through piles of information in search of meaningful nuggets of knowledge? If so, then you might just be the Product Research and Business Analyst we need.
In this role, you’ll curate, research, and analyze qualitative and quantitative information from a variety of sources. You’ll then distill it all into actionable findings and recommendations that’ll drive WebPT’s product, marketing, and development strategy. Basically, you’ll serve as our go-to source for insight into the rehab therapy software market, our competitors, and perhaps most importantly, our customers. That means forming great working relationships with all of the decision-makers across our organization—and making sure everyone is on the same page regarding the forces shaping our products and our company.
At WebPT, we hire the most talented people for our teams, and then give them the freedom to do their jobs. Here, we work hard—but we have lots of fun doing it. So, if you like a cool, collaborative, and challenging work environment, you’ll fit right in. Throw business casual to the wind. We want casual-casual. Rock flip-flops and jeans. We don’t care as long as you do good work and have a great time.
- Build reports, dashboards, and analyses to monitor key stats such as usage, adoption, and churn rates. That means you’ll need to query and compile data from multiple sources, including Salesforce, Google Analytics, and our internal databases.
- Plan and execute qualitative and quantitative research programs with current customers and target users to pinpoint their needs as well as identify gaps and friction points with current products, prototypes, and new concepts.
- Report research findings and use those insights to recommend and implement iterative improvements to our products and the processes we use to evaluate those products.
- Keep a steady pulse on our industry, market, and competition. This includes creating and maintaining up-to-date competitor profiles, SWOTs, and comparisons for use across the organization.
- Vet and help select research and analysis platforms, tools, and processes that will scale with business growth.
- Develop business requirements for the technical data initiatives necessary to support reporting, testing, and analytics.
- Manage prioritization of feature requests based on their value with respect to business goals.
- Be ready to fly by the seat of your pants. This role is ever-evolving—just like WebPT—so while you don’t need to be Cirque du Soleil flexible, we may occasionally ask you to do a few cartwheels, or at least try some things outside of your wheelhouse.
Abilities and Knowledge
- Love a good puzzle. You’ll need to think critically—and analytically—on a daily basis, especially when it comes to researching data and industry trends.
- Rock the mic like a vandal—not just in karaoke, but in all forms of communication (i.e., talk well and write good stuff). We’re talking impeccable communication skills. You’re representing WebPT, after all, and we take our brand seriously.
- Be a customer service superhero. We’re looking for someone with a knack for listening who can identify problems and develop clear solutions.
- Learn the WebPT application inside and out, backwards and forwards, up and down—you get the drift.
- Be a natural-born educator. Knowledge is power after all, and we’re all about empowerment.
- Talk nerdy to me—er, all of us. Know your stuff and talk about it confidently, accurately, and honestly.
- Know how to roll up your sleeves. We have a lot of brass tacks here, and we like to get down to ’em.
- Be able to juggle many complex projects, all with strict deadlines, simultaneously. Major props if you can actually juggle like a real circus performer.
- Be organized, ahead of schedule, communicative, and accountable—in short, own your role entirely, while being open to critiques, suggestions, and new ideas.
- Jibe with our culture. We’re talkin’ energy, integrity, positivity, a hunger for knowledge, and a passion for sharing it. Bring all that and a bag of chips. Seriously, we love chips.
Education and Experience
- At least three years of experience in the fields of market research, user/UX research, competitive intelligence, market intelligence, SEO/SEM, product management, product marketing, and/or another similar field
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent work experience)
- Proficiency with quantitative analytics tools, such as Microsoft Excel, Google Analytics, Omniture, CrazyEgg, and SQL queries
- Proficiency with qualitative research tools and methods, such as surveys, focus groups, heuristic analysis, card sorting, and competitive analysis
- Experience with Salesforce and/or other CRM software
- Experience working in health care and/or software technology companies
Additional Aspects of the job
WebPT will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will not be exposed to weather conditions, and the noise level is usually moderate.
WebPT will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally need to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; or taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. This job requires specific vision abilities, including close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.