They say there’s no such thing as bad press, but at WebPT, we pride ourselves on all the good press we’ve received. And we’d like to take it from good to great. That’s where you come in. As WebPT’s Senior PR Strategist, you’ll craft and own our PR strategy, build and maintain relationships with news and media outlets, and secure opportunities to increase company publicity, drive engagement, and further expand WebPT’s audience reach.
At WebPT, we hire the most talented people for our teams, and then give them the freedom to do their jobs. Here, we work hard—but we have lots of fun doing it. So, if you like a cool, collaborative, and challenging work environment, you’ll fit right in.
As the leader in our market and one of the fastest-growing companies in the country, we’ve already done a lot. But we’re nowhere near done. Our plans just keep getting grander, and we can’t achieve greatness without you.
- Create, execute, and manage the company’s PR strategy, which spans national, regional, and local angles as well as the healthcare industry.
- Handle all inbound PR requests, and conduct outreach (i.e., pitch stories) to bolster our PR efforts.
- Develop press releases and contributed articles.
- Find and submit award applications.
- Partner with the executive team to build exposure for the company and them as individual leaders.
- Work closely with the content team to ensure PR efforts align with our standards for messaging and appropriately represent the WebPT brand.
- Act as general counsel on the topic of PR during times of internal or external crisis.
- Serve as a marketing resource, providing coaching and offering your know-how across the department.
- Throw business casual to the wind. We want casual-casual. Rock flip flops and jeans. We don’t care, so long as you do good work and enjoy yourself.
- Get ready to fly by the seat of your pants. This role is ever-evolving—just like our team and our marketing strategies—so while you don’t need to be Cirque du Soleil flexible, we may once in awhile ask you to do a few back bends, or at least try some things outside of your wheelhouse.
Abilities and Knowledge
- Know how to handle high points and low points, and exercise sound judgment. Regardless of the PR situation, you should be at the top of your game.
- Have a sense of humor. If you take yourself too seriously, then avert your eyes from this description now.
- Know how to roll up your sleeves. We have a lot of brass tacks here, and we like to get down to ’em.
- Play really nice with others. We’re a tight-knit, highly-collaborative team, and we check our egos at the door.
- Know how to lead and provide constructive coaching.
- Be cool under pressure. Things can get pretty hectic at times, so we want to make sure you keep calm and carry on through even the most stressful of circumstances.
- Sleuth like a masterful gumshoe. From following industry trends to conducting market research, this role involves major investigative work.
- Prioritize relationships above all else. They mean everything to you, and you’re always striving to make peoples’ days better.
- Be all about the details. You never forget to cross your t’s and dot your i’s—or say your p’s and q’s.
- Rock the mic like a vandal—not just in karaoke, but in all forms of communication (i.e., talk well and write good stuff). We’re talking impeccable communication skills and grammatical knowledge. You’re representing the WebPT brand, and we take our voice seriously.
- Be organized, ahead of schedule, communicative, and accountable—in short, own your role entirely, while being open to critiques, suggestions, edits, and new ideas.
- JIbe with our culture. We’re talking energy, integrity, positivity, a hunger for knowledge, and a passion for marketing. Bring all that and a bag of chips. Seriously, we love chips.
Education and Experience
- At least three years of experience in PR
- Degree in marketing, communication, journalism, PR, or a related program
- General breadth of knowledge across the entire marketing spectrum
- Experience in crisis management
- Local, regional, and/or national media connections
- Experience working in a B2B and/or SaaS environment
- Experience with market research
WebPT will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will not be exposed to weather conditions, and the noise level is usually moderate.
WebPT will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally need to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; or taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. This job requires specific vision abilities, including close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WebPT, Inc. provides equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other basis protected by state or federal law.