WebPT is the market-leading software for physical, occupational, and speech therapists—and that industry domination didn’t just happen. No, the most important ingredient in our recipe for growth and success—our “secret sauce,” if you will—is, without a doubt, our people. They are the heart and soul of our company—the reason our customers choose us over every other software provider. Thus, we work hard to make sure our people have everything they need to be successful in their roles. That’s where you come in. As WebPT’s Head of Human Resources, you’ll partner with the executive team to manage all things Employee Success (which is the name we’ve given our HR department). That includes everything from investigating and communicating employee feedback to conducting specialized leadership and management training—all while working toward overall company goals and maintaining and enhancing our company culture.
At WebPT, we hire the most talented people for our teams, and then give them the freedom to do their jobs. Here, we work hard—but we have lots of fun doing it. So, if you like a cool, collaborative, and challenging work environment, you’ll fit right in. Throw business casual to the wind. We want casual-casual. Rock flip-flops and jeans. We don’t care as long as you do good work and have a great time.
- Know our company operations, department and staff functions, and strategic objectives like the back of your hand, and use that knowledge—along with anticipated market trends—to form our HR strategies for both the short and long terms.
- Collaborate on all succession-planning initiatives and establish sufficient talent pipelines in high-priority areas.
- Recommend and implement new operational approaches, policies, and procedures to foster continual improvement in efficiency at the employee, departmental, and organizational levels.
- Provide ongoing leadership and management training, coaching, and guidance. This includes motivating and mentoring department leaders in areas of skill development and staff relations.
- Live and breathe the WebPT culture, especially with respect to our core values of service, accountability, attitude, personality, work ethic, community outreach, health and wellness, and resource efficiency.
- Keep a pulse on industry trends and employment legislation, and make sure WebPT is always in compliance with current rules and regulations.
- Flex your creative muscle to quickly adapt to company needs. We’re an agile, innovative, action-oriented organization; we move at the speed of tech, and you should, too.
- Analyze HR-related issues, and exercise impeccable independent judgment to identify resolutions.
- Proactively plan and manage employee relations, including counseling and exit interviewing.
- Regularly review the company’s HR policies and procedures to identify gaps and opportunities for improvement.
- Oversee benefit administration, including claims reporting, change reporting, and coordination of open enrollment.
- Monitor all payroll activities, including payroll taxes, employee deductions, and legally required wage withholdings.
- Prepare agency-required state and federal reports.
- Assist HR staff with all unemployment insurance correspondence, administrative hearings and disputes, and any other employee-related issues.
- Implement and update the annual compensation program, rewrite position descriptions as necessary, conduct salary surveys, and monitor our performance evaluation program.
- Manage employee performance appraisals, merit and bonus planning, talent acquisition, diversity-related hiring initiatives, and employee engagement surveys.
- Be ready to fly by the seat of your pants. This role is ever-evolving—just like WebPT—so while you don’t need to be Cirque du Soleil flexible, we may occasionally ask you to do a few cartwheels, or at least try some things outside of your wheelhouse.
Abilities and Knowledge
- Have a mind for efficiency. We like doing más with menos around here, so while you don’t have to be the next MacGyver, you’ve got to have a knack for using resources creatively.
- Love logistics more than UPS. We’re kidding—kind of. Just be comfortable managing vendors and budgets.
- Remain cool under pressure. Things can get pretty hectic at times, so we want to make sure you keep calm and carry on through even the most stressful of circumstances.
- Play nice with others. We’re a tight-knit, highly collaborative team, and we’d like to keep it that way.
- Be a natural-born leader—one who inspires his or her team, embraces every moment as a teaching (or learning) opportunity, and provides constructive coaching and meaningful challenges.
- Wear a whistle—not literally, but figuratively (unless you really like whistles; that’s cool). We’re looking for a natural coach—someone who can effectively, positively, and confidently make our team the very best.
- Rock the mic like a vandal—not just in karaoke, but in all forms of communication (i.e., communicate effectively over the phone and via email).
- Juggle many complex projects, all with a sense of urgency, simultaneously. Major props if you can actually juggle like a real circus performer.
- Strategize about human resources management like a world dominator in the game of Risk, while intelligently budgeting and making data-driven decisions.
- Be passionate about quality customer service. You love helping people, and you constantly strive to create raving fans by delivering excellent internal and external service.
- Talk nerdy to me—er, all of us. Know your stuff and talk about it confidently, accurately, and honestly.
- Be organized, ahead of schedule, communicative, and accountable—in short, own your role entirely, while being open to critiques, suggestions, and new ideas.
- Jibe with our culture. We’re talkin’ energy, integrity, positivity, a hunger for knowledge, and a passion for sharing it. Bring all that and a bag of chips. Seriously, we love chips.
Education and Experience
- At least eight years of progressive experience in human resources, including at least three years of experience at the managerial level
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration, or other related field (or equivalent work experience)
- Experience with employee payroll management systems (e.g., Paycom or ADP)
- Fluency in general compensation practices and pay principles
- Experience serving as the main point of contact for benefits-related inquiries, benefit plan coordinators, and open enrollment counselors
- Experience working in healthcare and/or software technology companies, especially SaaS
- Master’s degree in human resources, business administration, or other related field
- PHR or SPHR certification
Additional Aspects of the job
WebPT will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will not be exposed to weather conditions, and the noise level is usually moderate.
WebPT will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally need to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; or taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. This job requires specific vision abilities, including close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.