We’re looking for someone who does more than Cap’n Crunch the numbers. The ideal candidate for this role is an accounting master who eats budgets like ours for breakfast. As WebPT’s Assistant Controller, you’ll own all of the accounting operations—everything from setting controls and budgets while maintaining and enhancing accuracy to complying with accounting principles and internationally recognized reporting standards.
At WebPT, we like to hire the most talented people for our teams, and then give them the freedom to do their jobs. Here, we work hard—and we have a lot of fun doing it. So if you like a cool, collaborative work environment, you’ll fit right in. Throw business casual to the wind. We want casual-casual. Rock flip-flops and jeans. We don’t care as long as you do good work and have a great time.
- Oversee all accounting department activities, including the accurate and timely circulation of financial management reports; internal and external monthly financial statements; and annual audits and budgets.
- Supervise the disbursement department and ensure accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, cash control, and total payroll tax compliance.
- Manage corporate tax compliance, which includes completing prompt and exact corporate income tax returns while taking advantage of favorable tax codes.
- Be a part of numerous special projects and run necessary reports.
- Run a tight ship and comply with all regulatory requirements, policies, work procedures, and instructions. This includes establishing, documenting, and recommending changes to enforce proper accounting methods, policies, and principles.
- Establish and maintain a system of controls that verify system integrity, processes, transactions, and data—all while understanding how these controls enhance the company’s value.
- Collaborate with the Controller to satisfy financial needs.
- Be calculating—no, not that kind of calculating. You’ll be responsible for selecting, implementing, and tracking financial and operational metrics, measuring variances from the budget, and expediently reporting significant issues to management.
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit.
- Oversee both month- and year-end processes, including management of accounts payable/receivable, cash receipts, general ledger, revenue and expenditure variance analysis, capital assets reconciliations, check runs, fixed asset activity, and debt activity.
- Assign projects and oversee compliance and accuracy upon completion.
- Create and maintain fiscal files and records for transaction documentation.
- Store knowledge like a vault—and keep it air-tight. This role requires top-notch memory, HIPAA-compliance, and confidentiality in all situations.
- Be ready to fly by the seat of your pants. This role is ever-evolving—just like WebPT—so while you don’t need to be Cirque du Soleil flexible, we may occasionally ask you to do a few cartwheels, or at least try some things outside of your wheelhouse.
Abilities and Knowledge
- Rock the mic like a vandal—not just in karaoke, but in all forms of communication (i.e., communicate effectively over the phone, in person, and via email).
- Be a real go-getter. Take decisive action and exercise impeccable judgment—and do it without having to be asked.
- Love the details. That means maintaining an orderly accounting filing system.
- Be able to break down complicated subjects into digestible chunks for all team members.
- Exude confidence. Know your stuff and talk about it accurately and honestly
- Remain cool under pressure. Things can get pretty hectic at times, so we want to make sure you keep calm and carry on through even the most stressful of circumstances.
- Juggle many complex tasks, all with a sense of urgency, simultaneously and accurately. Major props if you can actually juggle like a real circus performer.
- Have impeccable ethics that inspire respect and prove credibility.
- Be able to motivate, challenge, and develop your staff’s professional skills.
- Work across multiple departments to bring talents together and achieve results.
- Have common sense with a solid generalist background.
- Be organized, ahead of schedule, communicative, and accountable—in short, own your role entirely, while being open to critiques, suggestions, and new ideas.
- Know how to roll up your sleeves. We have a lot of brass tacks here, and we like to get down to ’em.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- At least three to five years of accounting experience
- Experience working with a technology company
- Expert Microsoft Excel knowledge
- At least two years of hands-on accounting experience in a leadership role—ideally management
- Experience working with a SaaS business
- CPA certification
- Master’s degree in Business, Accounting, or Finance
WebPT will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will not be exposed to weather conditions, and the noise level is usually moderate.
WebPT will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally need to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; or taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. This job requires specific vision abilities, including close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.