We’re a technology company, so naturally, our people use technology—a lot—to rock their roles and get things done. And with technology being such a crucial factor in our drive to provide our customers with the best solutions around, our tech pit crew is equally crucial to our success. That’s where you come in. As WebPT’s Desktop Support Specialist, you’ll be responsible for performing maintenance and troubleshooting to keep all of our tech tools and devices—including desktops and laptops, applications, printing services, and VoIP phones—in tip-top condition.
- Provide troubleshooting for remote employees.
- Configure Windows and MacOS to company standards for new hardware.
- Assemble computer and networking hardware.
- Troubleshoot and configure various LAN/WAN hardware, including switches and wireless access points.
- Schedule repairs for various equipment contracts.
- Document standards, problem resolutions, and procedures.
- Throw business casual to the wind. We want casual-casual. Rock flip flops and jeans. We don’t care, so long as you do good work and enjoy yourself.
- Get ready to fly by the seat of your pants. This role is ever-evolving—just like WebPT—so while you don’t need to be Cirque du Soleil flexible, we may occasionally ask you to do a few cartwheels, or at least try some things outside of your wheelhouse.
Abilities and Knowledge
- Have mad Active Directory skills.
- Be fluent in Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook) and the Google suite (including Gmail, Google Docs, and Google Calendar).
- Know wired and wireless networking protocols like the back of your hand.
- Be a Shoretel VoIP phone guru.
- Be cool under pressure. Things can get pretty hectic at times, so we want to make sure you keep calm and carry on through even the most stressful of circumstances.
- Understand that desktop support is more than just telling folks to restart their computers. You should be passionate about providing quality customer service and contributing to team success. In short, you’ve got to love helping people.
- Problem-solve like a boss. We’re looking for someone with a head for making decisions and a knack for finding solutions.
- Talk nerdy to me—er, all of us. Know your stuff and talk about it confidently, accurately, and honestly.
- Rock the mic like a vandal—not just in karaoke, but in all forms of communication (i.e., communicate effectively).
- Know how to roll up your sleeves. We have a lot of brass tacks here, and we like to get down to ’em.
- Jibe with our culture. We’re talkin’ energy, integrity, positivity, a hunger for knowledge, and a passion for helping. Bring all that and a bag of chips. Seriously, we love chips.
Education and Experience
- At least three years of experience supporting MS Windows 7 (Professional or Enterprise)
- Proven ability to effectively operate and troubleshoot Windows and MacOS hardware
- Experience supporting ShoreTel VoIP or similar phone systems
- Experience with help desk/IT ticketing systems
- Winning lottery numbers for the next six months
- Ability to reflow and repair Xbox 360 or similar systems
WebPT will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will not be exposed to weather conditions, and the noise level is usually moderate.
WebPT will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally need to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; or taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. This job requires specific vision abilities, including close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.