As the Cash Posting Specialist, you’ll be responsible for all functions of the cash posting kit and kaboodle. The ideal candidate is a stickler for details who works with a sense of urgency when it comes to posting in high volume batches.
At WebPT, we like to hire the most talented people for our teams, and then give them the freedom to do their jobs. Here, we work hard—but we have lots of fun doing it. So if you like a cool, collaborative work environment, you’ll fit right in. Throw business casual to the wind. We want casual-casual. Rock flip flops and jeans. We don’t care as long as you do good work and enjoy yourself.
- Post large payment batches for customer clinics.
- Manage high-volume patient and insurance account receivables.
- Review patient accounts for accuracy, making corrections when necessary.
- Follow all insurance payment posting procedures for electronic and manual processing, including researching and posting take backs, refunds, and forward balances.
- Review and interpret insurance carrier explanation of benefits (EOB) to post appropriate payment and denial codes.
- Get ready to fly by the seat of your pants. This role is ever-evolving—just like WebPT—so while you don’t need to be Cirque du Soleil flexible, we may occasionally ask you to do a few cartwheels, or at least try some things outside of your wheelhouse.
Abilities and Knowledge
- Understand the ins and outs and ups and downs—woah, we’re getting motion sick—of medical billing, payment and cash posting, and medical reimbursements
- Be down with EOB—yeah, you know me! In all seriousness, though, you’ve got to know how to read an EOB with denial code review.
- Be organized, ahead of schedule, communicative, and accountable—in short, own your role entirely, while being open to critiques, suggestions, and new ideas.
- Remain cool under pressure. Things can get pretty hectic at times, so we want to make sure you keep calm and carry on through even the most stressful of circumstances.
- Rock the mic like a vandal—not just in karaoke, but in all forms of communication (i.e., talk well and write good stuff). We’re talking impeccable communication skills. You’re representing WebPT, after all, and we take our brand seriously.
- Know how to roll up your sleeves. We have a lot of brass tacks here, and we like to get down to ’em.
- Jibe with our company culture. We’re talkin’ energy, integrity, positivity, a hunger for knowledge, and a passion for payment collection. Bring all that and a bag of chips. Seriously, we love chips.
- At least two years of experience posting large batches of payments.
- At least two years of experience supporting small- to mid-sized practices.
- Knowledge of ICD-9 and CPT codes. Bonus points for ICD-10 skills.
- Knowledge of insurance guidelines—especially Medicare and Medicaid.
- Experience posting for physical therapy clinics.
WebPT, Inc. provides equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other basis protected by state or federal law.