Job Location: USA-AZ-Phoenix
Travel Percentage: None
Position Type: Full Time
Job Shift: Day
Education Level: Not Specified
Job Category: Information Technology
As our Quality Assurance Analyst, you’ll be responsible for fully testing WebPT’s existing and new software applications to ensure consistent delivery of quality, stable, and scalable product solutions. In this role, you’ll work closely with the rest of the Agile product team to develop and execute test suites and scenarios that exercise software features and functionality throughout the development life cycle. You’ll adhere to software quality assurance best practices as you perform functional, regression, and performance testing to flush out any defects before product delivery. To be successful in this role, you must be customer-focused and maintain high standards to ensure the team is meeting expectations for high-quality products.
- Review function and design specifications to ensure full understanding of individual deliverables.
- Identify test requirements from specifications, map test scenarios or case requirements, and design test coverage plans.
- Develop acceptance criteria for user stories, and create and execute manual test cases for defect corrections and enhancements to ensure system functionality satisfies acceptance criteria.
- Create, document, and maintain functional test cases and other test artifacts like test data, data validation, harness scripts, and automated scripts.
- Execute and evaluate manual or automated test scenarios and cases and report test results to ensure that system functionality satisfies acceptance criteria.
- Use SQL database tools to perform SQL backend testing and validate that the sites and systems meet design requirements.
- Facilitate test artifact reviews with cross-functional team members.
- Identify and submit potential quality issues and errors per defined process and escalate those issues to management.
Ensure validated deliverables meet functional and design specifications and requirements.
Isolate, replicate, and report defects to verify defect fixes.
- Work with our customer service team to investigate member-reported issues and find solutions or workarounds.
Share test results, status updates, and metrics with management and team leads.
Participate in daily scrums and standups.
- Interface with product design and development teams.
- Throw business casual to the wind. We want casual-casual. Rock flip flops and jeans. We don’t care as long as you do good work and enjoy yourself.
- Get ready to fly by the seat of your pants. This role is ever-evolving—just like WebPT—so while you don’t need to be Cirque du Soleil flexible, we may occasionally ask you to do a few cartwheels, or at least try some things outside of your wheelhouse.
- Know the ins and outs of web-based applications (e.g., how to test them, how to support them, what their favorite food is. You know, important stuff).
- Know how to manage test scenarios and cases, and document and report those test results like a pro.
- Dream of software development life-cycles, QA best practices, and healthcare concepts, because you think about them so often that they’ve crept into your subconscious mind.
- Be one with the interwebs. You know the capabilities and limitations of the major web browsers.
Be organized, ahead of schedule, communicative, and accountable—in short, own your role entirely, while being open to critiques, suggestions, and new ideas.
- Be highly motivated. You’re able to self-navigate your way through ambiguity.
- Talk nerdy to me—er, all of us. You’re expected to tackle our toughest problems, so you need to know your stuff and talk about it confidently, accurately, and honestly.
- Rock the mic like a vandal—not just in karaoke, but in all forms of communication (i.e., communicate effectively).
- Know how to roll up your sleeves. We have a lot of brass tacks here, and we like to get down to ’em.
- Jibe with our company culture. We’re talking energy, integrity, positivity, a hunger for knowledge, and a passion for defect management and reporting. Bring all that and a bag of chips. Seriously, though, we love chips.
- At least fours years of software quality assurance experience and a basic understanding of its standards, guidelines, processes, and usage
- Experience working in an Agile/scrum environment
- Experience conducting quality assurance testing for a web applications
- Experience with test scenario, case management, and reporting
- Experience documenting and reporting test results, and managing defects and defect reporting
- Experience with SQL and/or MySQL scripting
- Experience supporting deployments
- Experience with functional test automation, test automation, test-driven development, behavior-driven development, Agile software testing, and performance testing.
- Knowledge of Apache JMeter or other performance test applications
- Experience working in a startup technology company
WebPT, Inc. provides equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other basis protected by state or federal law.