As the Medical Billing Representative for WebPT, you’ll be the direct line from our Member clinics to our billing team. You’ll need to be quick on your feet, providing innovative solutions for any problem facing your team—or WebPT Members. If you’re an experienced, can-do candidate with plenty of positivity to boot, then this role is for you.
At WebPT, we like to hire the most talented people for our teams, and then give them the freedom to do their jobs. Throw business casual to the wind. We want casual-casual. Rock flip flops and jeans. We don’t care as long as you do good work and enjoy yourself.
- Maximize revenue by monitoring open balances, routinely reviewing unprocessed claims, analyzing reimbursement, and correcting and resubmitting denials.
- Manage, improve, and enforce billing policies and procedures.
- Be a billing bodyguard. Ensure you and your team adhere to all HIPAA guidelines and regulations to keep all system data safe and secure.
- Stay up to date on third-party billing requirements and reimbursement guidelines.
- Update assigned accounts in a timely manner.
- Work closely with the A/R billing specialists to quickly address account issues and constantly work to improve team efficiency.
- Clearly communicate roles and responsibilities of the A/R billing specialists and cash posting specialists in your assigned region, establish individual goals, monitor productivity, and provide guidance and feedback as necessary.
- Be ready to fly by the seat of your pants. This role is ever-evolving—just like WebPT—so while you don’t need to be Cirque du Soleil flexible, we may occasionally ask you to do a few cartwheels, or at least try some things outside of your wheelhouse.
- Love a good puzzle. You’ll need to think critically—and analytically—on a daily basis.
- Be organized, ahead of schedule, communicative, and accountable—in short, own your role entirely, while being open to critiques, suggestions, and new ideas.
- Rock the mic like a vandal—not just in karaoke, but in all forms of communication (i.e., talk well and write good stuff). We’re talking impeccable communication skills. You’re representing WebPT, after all, and we take our brand seriously.
- Be a customer service superstar. Effective communication also requires effective listening, so be ready to lend a sympathetic ear and offer reassurance when needed.
- Jibe with our company culture. We’re talkin’ energy, integrity, positivity, a hunger for knowledge, and a passion for billing. Bring all that and a bag of chips. Seriously, we love chips.
- Talk nerdy to me—er, all of us. Know your stuff and talk about it confidently, accurately, and honestly. This is especially important when it comes to insurance guidelines—namely, those associated with Medicare and Medicaid—as well as ICD-10 and CPT codes.
Your must have five years of full-cycle medical billing experience, at least two years of leadership and A/R medical billing experience, experience supporting small to mid-sized practices, and experience working with a variety of medical billing software. We’re especially interested in candidates with physical therapy billing experience.
WebPT, Inc. provides equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other basis protected by state or federal law.