As the A/R Billing Specialist, you’ll be responsible for the whole A/R kit and kaboodle. The ideal candidate is a master collector able to analyze accounts regularly to identify collection opportunities and resolve billing issues.
At WebPT, we like to hire the most talented people for our teams, then give them the freedom to do their jobs. Throw business casual to the wind. We want casual-casual. Rock flip flops and jeans. We don’t care as long as you do good work and enjoy yourself.
- Keep your eye on the ball. Regularly review accounts and prepare information for the collection agency, correcting and resubmitting claims to third-party payers when necessary.
- Be a good scout. Check each insurance payment for accuracy, including contract-discount compliance.
- Fit the bill. Review patient bills for accuracy and obtain missing information before identifying and billing secondary and tertiary insurances.
- Be a billing bodyguard. Adhere to all HIPAA guidelines and regulations to keep all of the data in our system safe and secure.
- Call insurance companies to settle payment discrepancies or investigate unpaid claims within the standard billing cycle timeframe.
- Get ready to fly by the seat of your pants. This role is ever-evolving—just like WebPT—so while you don’t need to be Cirque du Soleil flexible, we may occasionally ask you to do a few cartwheels, or at least try some things outside of your wheelhouse.
- Bring out your inner badger. Persistence is key to resolving payment issues, and you’ll need a lot of it to effectively follow up with insurance companies.
- Talk nerdy to me—er, all of us. Know your stuff and talk about it confidently, accurately, and honestly. Be well-versed in insurance guidelines—especially those associated with Medicare and Medicaid—as well as ICD-9 and CPT codes.
- Remain cool under pressure. Things can get pretty hectic at times, so we want to make sure you keep calm and carry on through even the most stressful of circumstances.
- Love a good puzzle. You’ll need to think critically—and analytically—on a daily basis to help resolve billing issues and collect payments.
- Rock the mic like a vandal—not just in karaoke, but in all forms of communication (i.e., talk well and write good stuff). We’re talking impeccable communication skills. You’re representing WebPT, after all, and we take our brand seriously.
- Know how to roll up your sleeves. We have a lot of brass tacks here, and we like to get down to ’em.
- Jibe with our company culture. We’re talkin’ energy, integrity, positivity, a hunger for knowledge, and a passion for payment collection. Bring all that and a bag of chips. Seriously, we love chips.
- At least five years of experience in billing and/or front office roles.
- At least two years of medical billing A/R experience.
- Experience supporting small to mid-sized practices.
- Experience working with a variety of medical billing software.
- We’re especially interested in candidates with physical therapy billing experience.
WebPT, Inc. provides equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other basis protected by state or federal law.