Business growth isn’t just about increased revenue or headcount. It’s often about doing more with less staff, or even finding new ways to evaluate and train employees. However you define growth, your business VoIP phone system should be able to help you build your business the way you want.
Let’s talk about this: First, think about the core capabilities of your business and what it takes to succeed. Then, ask yourself if some of the features on your business phone system could be helping you move operations to the next level. These “growth features” may differ from business to business, but they’re used every day to help companies pursue a competitive edge. Just ask Mark Krassner, founder of Knee Walker Central:
“If you’re considering using a VoIP phone system, my advice would be to dig deeper,” he says. “There are a lot of companies out there that might be able to meet your basic needs, but if you really want to grow a business, scale a business, Vonage has so many tools at your disposal to help grow with you – and it’s such an important thing.”
Here’s a sampling of how businesses can harness the power of our phone system calling features:
For Improving Operations
- Call Logs: With this feature, customers can access analytics and reporting to evaluate productivity and trends which help streamline business and staffing decisions.
- Call Continuity: This feature allows customers to set up automatic call rerouting in the event of lost power or Internet – helping the organization maintain business continuity.
- Desktop Plugins: Plugins help employees integrate the business tools they already use (e.g., Salesforce.com®, Google Search or Intuit QuickBooks®) within the business phone system, allowing greater intelligence with every call.
For Employee Evaluation and Training
- Company-Wide Call Recording: Managers use this customizable feature to evaluate the on-phone performance of their teams. It’s ideal for coaching and recommending specific improvements.
- Call Monitoring: Particularly for newer sales or service employees, this feature enables management to “monitor” live calls, “whisper” advice or reminders to operators during calls, or “barge” into a call as appropriate.
For More Efficient Call Routing
- Virtual Receptionist: Many businesses quickly benefit from this robust auto-attendant feature, allowing them to set custom call pathways and even set specific routing for holidays, lunchtime and after-hour calls.
- Call Queue: Sales and service teams use this feature to better manage call volume and enhance the call-in experience with a combination of customizable prompts, directional messaging and on-hold music – helping to minimize unanswered calls.
- Voicemail Transcription (VMT): When employees are in a meeting or otherwise away from their phone, they don’t have to be out of touch. VMT transcribes the voicemail and delivers the text, as well as an MP3 audio file, to the employee’s email inbox.
For Business Expansion
- Work from Anywhere: Setting up a new extension on the Vonage system can be done quickly and virtually. This feature lets employees gain access to the phone system simply by plugging their office phone into high-speed internet … at home, on the road, or in the office.
- Local or Geographic Number: Adding a number in a new region is easy, allowing the business to develop a local presence in a new market.
- Toll Free Numbers: For your sales or service department, or even in support of a special promotion, a Toll Free Number is easy to purchase and set up quickly.
For Mobile Employee Empowerment
- Mobile App: Our Vonage Business Mobile App for iOS® and Android® integrates your remote employees into the full phone system. And when they’re using the Mobile App, personal and business calls are separate, and calls are registered on Caller ID as a call from the office.
- “Never Miss a Call”: This suite of five mobility features gives employees the option to choose how they want their calls routed when they’re away from their desk or out of the office. Includes: Call Forwarding, Follow Me, Simultaneous Ring, Voicemail and Do Not Disturb.
- Softphone: Many customers choose to access the business phone system through their computer – particularly when travelling – which is no problem with our Softphone.
The Vonage system features above include some of its 40+ standard features, as well as specialized add-on features. While customers may not use all the available features, it’s certainly a worthy goal to explore the ones that can truly enhance the way you do business. That’s what we mean by “growth features” – those calling features that help you enhance efficiency, better serve customers, streamline processes, expand your business, and develop a competitive edge.
See how Vonage Business customer Knee Walker Central leverages calling features to help them grow and build a better workforce.
About Dave Morris
Dave is a content strategist and writer at Vonage Business Solutions, working with teams across the company to build communication programs that enable our customers and assist our prospects. He enjoys living in Atlanta and is an avid gardener, restaurant enthusiast and live music fan.
The post How ‘Growth Features’ Can Be Pivotal to Business Success appeared first on Vonage Business.
Powered by WPeMatico