It’s not news to anyone that marketing for mobile has become increasingly more important as users are completing more tasks and making more purchases on their mobile devices – in fact, in many countries, including the United States, more Google searches take place on mobile devices than on computers.
However, according to a new report from Google, not only are consumers completing more tasks on mobile, but they’re doing it in less time. The time spent per visit has fallen by 18 percent, but mobile conversion rates have increased by 29 percent, Google’s data shows. Customers are becoming savvier about finding what they need online and making educated buying decisions faster.
These “micro-moments,” Google maintains, are going to shape the future of online marketing. The challenge for marketers will be to ensure that their brand is visible and available whenever consumers are experiencing one of these “moments:”
So, what should marketers do to capture customers in these “moments”? Google recommends these steps:
- Identify the phases of the buying cycle for your target customer. When are they likely to want to learn about your product or make a purchase?
- Understand the customer’s needs in that moment. What would make purchasing your product faster or easier?
- Consider context when delivering custom messages. Where is the customer? What time of day is it? How quickly and where will they want to get your product? This is especially relevant for B2C marketers.
- Optimize the experience across screens and channels. Does your mobile experience complement your web and/or onsite marketing?
- Measure every moment that matters. Ensure that you are capturing and measuring metrics that can help you improve your return on investment.
Read more at Think with Google: Micro-Moments.
Powered by WPeMatico